Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Everyone is on the "pursuit of happiness" or so they say. People can spend weeks, months, even years looking and searching for happiness. It's always, "as soon as I get a job I'll be happy" or "as soon as I finish high school I'll be happy" or "as soon as I get married I'll be happy." If you're constantly rushing to the next thing in your life, you will never achieve happiness. It's as simple as that. It sounds cliche, but you really do have to stop and smell the roses. It's also important to realize, you are the only person that can make yourself happy. You can't rely on something or someone else to make you feel better. It's all about your attitude, and how you view your life. I read books and hear stories about people in concentration camps or people that have circumstances that are drastically worse than mine, yet they know the true feeling of being happy. They look at life with a big sense of opportunity to make each day better, and I admire that. Probably the best thing I ever learned was that I was the only one that could make myself happy and that could make my circumstances better. It hit me like a ton of bricks one day when I was having a month long pity party and I thought my life sucked and that no one would ever love me and that I would never be pretty enough or have enough money..etc. I just thought.. My life CAN get better, but only if I want it to, or if I let it. It was the best thing I ever taught myself and for the most part, I've been happy ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment